- Guatemala (8) Apply Guatemala filter
- Land and enviromental defenders (6) Apply Land and enviromental defenders filter
- Indigenous Peoples (6) Apply Indigenous Peoples filter
- Justice and Rule of Law (6) Apply Justice and Rule of Law filter
- Criminalisation (5) Apply Criminalisation filter
- Economic and Social Rights (4) Apply Economic and Social Rights filter
- Extractives and Energy projects (4) Apply Extractives and Energy projects filter
- Women Human Rights Defenders (2) Apply Women Human Rights Defenders filter
- Mexico (2) Apply Mexico filter
- Colombia (2) Apply Colombia filter
6 February 2012The purpose of this “Alert” is to call your attention to and share our concern about the atmosphere of threats in which the Verapaz Union of Campesino Organisations is carrying out its work. These threats have been directed against its members as well as different communities that the organisation accompanies and supports in Alta and Baja Verapaz.
4 September 2011<media 7992>Read the </media><media 7992>full alert</media> <media 7993>Read legal background</media>
12 April 2011PBI has accompanied human rights defenders who have been attacked or who are under threat over the last 30 years across a variety of countries. We respond to petitions for help made by people and civil society organisations who request international accompaniment whilst carrying out non-violent work in promoting and defending human rights, particularly when those human rights have been violated or when they are under threat.
22 March 2011<media 7471>Download Alert as pdf</media>
1 November 2010On this occasion, we are writing to selected contacts of PBI Guatemala Project Support Network to express our concern about a dramatic increase in SERIOUS THREATS against Guatemalan human rights defenders that we accompany. The threats are happening in the context of their work promoting economic, social, cultural and environmental rights, and the right of indigenous peoples to be informed and consulted before approval is given to large-scale development projects that affect them and their lands.
15 October 2010
8 July 2010
19 April 2010
29 March 2010
17 March 2010Dear Sir/Madam,